SAP Transaction Code Scheduling Agreement: What You Need to Know
Are you in the business of generating and tracking purchasing documents? If so, you may have heard about SAP transaction code scheduling agreement. But what exactly is it and how does it work?
In this article, we`ll explain what a scheduling agreement is and how to use SAP transaction code to create and manage one.
What is a Scheduling Agreement?
A scheduling agreement is a long-term purchasing agreement between a buyer and a supplier. It outlines the terms and conditions for the supplier to provide goods or services to the buyer over a specific period of time. Scheduling agreements are often used for products that are ordered regularly, such as raw materials or office supplies.
A scheduling agreement can be set up with or without a delivery schedule. If a delivery schedule is included, it specifies the dates on which the goods or services should be provided.
How to Use SAP Transaction Code to Create and Manage Scheduling Agreements
SAP transaction code ME31K can be used to create a scheduling agreement in the system. Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Go to the SAP Easy Access screen and navigate to Logistics > Materials Management > Purchasing > Outline Agreement > Scheduling Agreement > Create.
2. Enter the vendor`s name or number in the Vendor field and press Enter.
3. Enter the purchasing organization`s name or number in the Purchasing Organization field.
4. Enter the agreement start date and end date in the Dates tab.
5. In the Delivery Schedules tab, add delivery schedule lines by entering the delivery date, quantity, and units of measure.
6. Once all necessary information has been entered, save the scheduling agreement.
To manage existing scheduling agreements, use SAP transaction code ME33K. This transaction allows you to view, change, or delete an existing scheduling agreement.
SAP transaction code scheduling agreement can be a useful tool for businesses that regularly purchase products from suppliers. By setting up a long-term agreement, businesses can ensure a reliable and consistent supply of goods or services. Use SAP transaction code ME31K to create a scheduling agreement and ME33K to manage existing agreements. With these tools, you can streamline your purchasing process and improve your supply chain management.